Important Health and Safety Information Regarding COVID-19
UPDATED Friday, March 13, 2020 at 1:00pm
The safety of all residents, guests and staff at Epperson’s Metro Lagoon remains our top priority. In response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) the Lagoon has suspended all Lagoon events until it is deemed safe, responsible and advisable to reschedule. The Lagoon will remain open as we continue to adhere to the Florida Department of Health’s strict safety recommendations.
As news develops and if plans should change we will update this advisory message.
The Metro Lagoons Team is committed to responsibly preventing the spread of this illness and therefore is taking the following precautions:
- Routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces with disinfecting cleaning agents
- Doubled the amount of chlorine in the lagoon
- Increased number of cleaning staff
- Re-stocked supply of hand soap and hand sanitizers
- Increased number of hand sanitizing stations
- Emphasizing respiratory etiquette, hand hygiene and common-sense wellness practices
- Closely monitoring all operation-protocols with global, national and local health authorities
- Asking all employees, residents and visitors to stay away from the Lagoon if they are sick, showing respiratory symptoms, recently traveled to a highly effected area or were exposed to anyone known to have the virus
- Responsibly remaining open to the enjoyment benefit of our residents/guests and the financial benefit of our staff
Please know that we are closely following this developing situation and will alter our protocols as needed. Please follow links here for Florida Department of Health and CDC and check this page for any new updates as we will post any changes here – thank you.